Because of the growing concern with the availability and sustainability of raw materials for various manufacturing processes, research & Development of raw materials and energy sources based on renewable resources have become a priority in Europe.
The aim of System4Green is to develop, implement and verify a method with systematic guidelines to select renewable raw materials for fibre-reinforced composites in car interior applications.
The System4Green methodology is based on the following steps:
- Investigating the performance of existing products and conducting environmental and economic analyses.
- Defining alternative products with renewable raw materials.
- Analysing processes for the development of products with upto 100 % renewable raw materials.
- Benchmarking the developed products with existing market products on performance and costs.
- Analysing environmental benefits of products with renewable raw materials using LCA tools.
- Performing a weighted analysis to select the best product using QFD tools.
- Developing a transfer plan to the industry.
Duration: 1 January 2015 to 31 December 2016
More information: Monika Rymarczyk